Welcome/helpdesk of BIDA
In order to decide whether and how to invest in Bangladesh BIDA provides a welcoming service to visiting foreign investors. The services include reception at airport, assistance with hotel bookings, transport arrangements and drawing up an itinerary in accordance with the needs of the foreign investors visiting Bangladesh.
BIDA is the Apex Investment promotion Agency (IPA) in Bangladesh. Once you are ready to invest in Bangladesh BIDA offers advice and support, on a complimentary basis, in respect of planning for setting up business in Bangladesh, which are:
- Pre-investment information and counseling service
- Investor welcome service (including a faster immigration service)
- Registration and approval of foreign, joint-venture and local projects
- Approval of opening of commercial offices such as branch, liaison and representative offices of foreign companies
- Approving remittances of royalty, technical know-how and technical assistance fees
- Approving foreign loan suppliers’ credit, PAYE scheme etc.
- Assistance in obtaining industrial plots
- Providing necessary facilities and assistance in the establishment of businesses
- Recommend to issue visa/IP/IRC/LP/Visa on arrival
- Obtaining approval for work permits for foreign nationals
- Facilitating the import of capital machinery and raw materials
- Facilitating utility connections (electricity, gas, water and sewerage, telecoms etc.)
- Assistance with import clearance and warehousing licenses
- Online Registration System (ORS)
- BIDA Online Service Tracking (BOST)
Business Support Services
- Provides comprehensive information and advice on establishing operations in Bangladesh.
- Arranges site visits.
- Identifies potential suppliers, subcontractors, joint-venture partners.
- Provides useful contacts with key public and private organizations.
- Coordinates between the foreign business community and other public agencies.