Renewable Energy Sector
- Economic growth of 7% calls for the scalability of its power infrastructure to keep up with the demands of industry and increased urbanization.
- Currently, renewable energy makes up 2.5% of the total electricity generation
- The importance of an alternative source of energy in Bangladesh.
- Solar energy is the most prominent source of renewable energy
- Successfully implemented one of the biggest Solar Home System (SHS) projects
- Around 3 million SHSs have been successfully installed
- Hydro power, Micro, mini and pico hydro power plants can also be used