- The average growth rate of plastic production is more than 20% per year.
- 300 manufacturers, export plastic goods worth nearly USD 98.995 million in the FY 2015-2016.
- Currently, around 5000 companies are operating in this sector of which 98% of them are SME’s.
- Direct & indirect employment to over 1.2 million people in Bangladesh
- Annual sales at around BDT 150 billion in the local market, in which household items account for nearly BDT 20 billion.
- The plastic sector constitutes 1.0 of total GDP
- Strong backward linkage sectors, such as light engineering sector in BD etc.
- Enabler of innovation of many products and technologies like packaging, textile, healthcare, construction, electronics, energy generation automotive.