- Over 800 IT companies are now thriving in the country and capturing a significant share in the international markets worldwide.
- Total estimated IT Industry Size is US$ 120 Million (including export)
- Software contributes around 44% to the overall industry revenue, whereas ITES contributes around 56% to the overall industry revenue.
- Approx 30000 professionals, majority IT and other graduates, are employed in the industry. In terms of creating high-quality employment software and IT service industry is surely one of the top graduate employment sectors in the country.
- Total investment in this sector is more than 50000 crore and this sector is the largest contributor to FDI in Bangladesh.
- Online outsourcing, data entry and call center business are flourishing.
- In the next 5 years, 1% of the country’s total GDP will come from the software and IT services sector.