- The global ceramics industry is worth more than $10bn.
- Bangladesh produces a high-quality bone china.
- Bangladesh exported to about 55 countries, amounting to about USD 376 million in 2015-16
- The export destinations are EU, USA, Italy, Spain, France, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Australia, Sweden and the Middle East.
- 54 ceramic manufacturers are operating in Bangladesh, creating employment of 0.5million.
- Investment in this sector is worth USD 462 million with the possibility of expanding.
- Demand is USD 250 million & Bangladesh produced USD 233 million worth products in June, 2017.